Terms and Conditions
McCain Moms #MakeItYours WhatsApp Campaign
This campaign is run by McCain Foods South Africa and is open to all persons residing in South Africa. Employees of McCain Foods South Africa and their immediate families, advertising and promotion agencies, associated companies, outlet owners and their immediate families and staff may participate in the communication campaign but will be exempt from any prize awarding outputs.
- Make It Yours (#MakeItYours) is a McCain exclusive scripted narrative.
- Any person Opting-In as defined and in accordance with point 10 below will be a participant (a Participant) in the Make It Yours (#MakeItYours) campaign (the Campaign).
- The Campaign will start on the 04 April 2018 and end on 30 July 2018.
- Participants must be 18 years or older.
- All communications relating to the Campaign shall be made through WhatsApp using the WhatsApp broadcast message service (the Broadcast Message).
- The aim of the Campaign is to send Broadcast Messages to create a forum for participants to receive messages from the McCain series characters interactions with other parents. The Campaign sends prepared messages to each Participant so as to present, quirky, relevant and relatable situations focusing on aspects related to parents and the messages are mindful and inclusive of the South African socio-economic and historic context. This Campaign does not facilitate sending and receiving messages between third-parties or other participants.
- Highlights and composite points from these #MakeItYours WhatsApp conversations will be shared across the digital, social media realms including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and the McCain blog.
- The public are invited to witness these interactions unfold on WhatsApp at their discretion.
Two steps are required to be added to the #MakeItYours WhatsApp campaign communications;
- the individual must add/save the McCain campaign number 065 933 0567 to their own phone, and
- send an initial WhatsApp message to the number requesting to be added by sending "Opt-in" followed by their name (Opting-In).
- return-notification and confirmation messages will be sent via WhatsApp - these include unsubscribe instructions campaign terms.
Any Participant by Opting-In agrees:
- To these terms and conditions;
- That McCain or its service providers may use all messages generated by such Participant that relate to the Campaign; and
- That McCain or its service providers shall send, and such participant shall receive, communications and marketing material generated and/or sent by McCain or its service providers.
- The script (communications) shared via the WhatsApp social messaging platform will be done within sociable hours, that may range (randomly) between 08h00 and 20h00.
- Participants may post, share and circulate all the McCain scripted narrative directly and/or indirectly related to the #MakeItYours WhatsApp campaign on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. McCain shall not be liable for any loss, claim, costs or damage, whether direct or indirect, consequential or otherwise, that any Participant may suffer or incur as a result of such post, sharing or circulation of McCain scripted narrative.
- There is no scheduled cut-off date to opt-in, anyone Opting-in post the start date will be able to enjoy the full journey of the season through the McCain blog and Facebook page (links to be included here).
Each Participant agrees that McCain may utilize, disclose and process your personal information to the below listed parties at McCain`s discretion (including, without limitation, for the duration of the Campaign and not exclusively for this Campaign)
- to our employees and our service providers who assist us to interact with you via various social platforms (including Facebook and WhatsApp) or any other method, and thus need to know your personal information in order to assist us to communicate with you properly and efficiently;
- to our divisions (including their employees and our service providers) in order for them to interact directly through any method for purposes of sending you marketing material, from time to time;
- to any party as required by law or other third parties in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report or support the investigation into suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of these terms and conditions;
- The consumer`s rights are reserved by the Protection of Personal Information Act (PoPI)
- McCain will take reasonable precautions to prevent loss, misuse or alteration of your personal info but cannot be held liable for a data breach occurring, despite these precautions being taken.
- The process to opt-out of ongoing communications, available at any time, will be included in the communications separate from and/or unrelated to this campaign.
Consumers can elect to stop further communications and correspondence of the #MakeItYours WhatsApp by following the below steps:
- Sending a WhatsApp message "STOP" to the McCain campaign number 065 933 0567 (Opting-Out).
- The user will receive an auto response advising they will be removed from the WhatsApp broadcast group. The user will then be removed from the Broadcast group and the WhatsApp database.
- User to remove the McCain number 065 933 0567 from their native phonebook on their device.
- This campaign is not designed as a competition. If / when McCain products (spot prizes) are to be awarded, competition dynamics will be based on our own social media management guidelines and will be housed as a separate list of Terms and Conditions if and when required.
- McCain Foods South Africa shall not be held liable for any costs incurred by participating in the McCain #MakeItYours campaign and standard data costs as per user`s Service Provider apply for data usage.
- McCain Foods South Africa has no control over the interception or loss of your personal information over the internet and assumes no liability for any such interception or loss.
- McCain Foods South Africa reserves the right to cancel, terminate or alter the campaign immediately and without notice in the event that the campaign is held to be or becomes unlawful. In such event all participants hereby waive any rights which they may have against McCain Foods South Africa and acknowledge that they will have no recourse or claim of any nature whatsoever against McCain Foods South Africa.
- McCain is not held liable for the reliability of the WhatsApp platform and its subsequent broadcast groups.