Calling all Restaurants Owners and Independent Operators!
For Restaurant Owners and Operators, here and abroad, the last 12 months have been disruptive to say the least. In fact, that disruption has sent shock waves right through the value chain; but we know that this industry is both courageous and resilient, and while the road ahead may still be tough, we know that we travel it together.
As a global foodservice business, we are able to draw on industry experiences from across the world to provide you with carefully curated insights for the local industry and send them directly to your inbox.
So, we invite you to sign up to our FREE newsletter to get the inside track on new products, menu inspirations & operator toolkits packed with ideas, advice, inspirations and promotions for all foodservice professionals opening or reopening their doors during these unprecedented times.
Welcome to the Insiders Club. We’re in it together.
Insiders Club Dishruption Challenge - Qualifying Criteria - Terms & Conditions
1. The Initiative will focus on Restaurants and Independent Operators.
2. Dishruption Entry Form must be completed in full. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
3. Company Registration Document must be available on request.
4. The entity must be an Independent Outlet / Establishment i.e. Must not be part of a chain or franchise group.
5. The Business must be operating in any of South African’s 278 municipalities, as directed by the Constitution, the Local Government: Municipal Structures Act, 1998 (Act 117 of 1998)
6. This competition is open for entries from 26 April 2021 and ends at 12am (midnight) on 21 July 2021. Any entries received after the closing date will not be considered.
7. To enter, participants will be required to:
7.1 Create a Menu Dish containing at least 1 McCain product and a preliminary costing
7.2 Add the dish on their food offering /menu and price it accordingly
7.3 Sell at least 20 dishes over the period of 2 months
7.4 Participants must be able to show proof of "Dishruption" dishes/item sold.
8. Participants may enter up to 3 dishes as they wish provided that each dish contains a different McCain product.
9. The prize is 1 of 10 support packages valued at R50 000 (fifty thousand) each. Prize breakdown;
9.1 R25 000 (twenty five thousand) cash
9.2 R5 000 McCain Foodservice Solutions free stock
9.3 Outlet Profile feature on Eat Out website to the value of R20 000
10. All winners will be required to provide their names, ID numbers and contact details and to sign an acknowledgment of receipt of the prize.
11. Winners will be selected by a judging panel comprising of a certified Chef, McCain Key Account Manager and McCain Food Service Brand Manager. All winners will be notified telephonically where the winner will be required to verify their details. The Promoter (or their agent) will endeavor to contact the prize winner once every day for 5 consecutive working days after their name is drawn. If the prize winner cannot be contacted during this period, the prize will be forfeited and another winner will be selected in accordance with the rules.
12. The prize includes delivery and winners will be required to provide the promoter with a valid day time delivery address to enable delivery.
13. A copy of these rules can be found on the following website www.mccain.co.za/sa-foodservice/
14. The Promoter reserves the right to name winners publicly and any other place where the Promoter deems fit. By entering the competition, prize winners agree to the publication of their name by the Promoter.
15. Failure to claim the prize or a refusal or inability to comply herewith these requirements within 2 months will disqualify the winner and a new winner will be drawn in their place at the sole discretion of the Promoter.
17. The Promoter shall not be responsible for any lost, damaged, delayed, incorrect or incomplete entries for any reason whatsoever. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
18. The Promoter shall not be responsible for the failure of any technical element relating to this promotion that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted.
19. Responsibility is not accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer or cell phone hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any claim if fraud or cheating is suspected, including without limitation, through the manipulation of code or otherwise frequently falsifying data.
21. No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all entry instructions.
22. NOTE: Any attempt to use multiple e-mail or Facebook accounts or other tactics to enter or vote more than the stated limit may result in disqualification and all associated entries and/or votes will be void. Entries or votes generated by script, macro, bot, commercial contest subscription, incentives or other means not sponsored by the Promoter, vote-swapping sites, voting software, entering service sites or any other automated means and entries or votes by any means that subvert the entry/voting process or do not conform to the terms or spirit of these competition rules, will void the entry/votes and may disqualify the entrant.
23. The prize is not exchangeable for cash and is not transferrable.
24. The Promoter reserves the right to use the images taken of the winner for publicity purposes in any manner they deem fit, without remuneration being made payable to the winner. However, the winner has the right to object to these images being used by written notification to the Promoter at McCain Foods, 116 Oxford Road, Rosebank; Att : Legal Department.
25. The Promoter shall have the right to change or terminate the promotional competition immediately and without notice, if deemed necessary in its opinion and if circumstances arise outside of their control. In the event of such change or termination, all participants agree to waive any rights that they have in respect of this promotional competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter or its agents.
26. In the event that the prize is not available despite the Promoter’s reasonable endeavours to procure the prize, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal value.
27. Neither the Promoter, its agents, its associated companies, nor any directors, officers nor employees of such, shall be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise arising from any cause whatsoever, which may be suffered by the participant.
28. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
29. Participation in the competition constitutes acceptance of the competition rules and participants agree to abide by the rules.
30. All information on the website, digital channels is provided by McCain Foods Limited SA. You may only use this information to assist in learning more about any particular product or service. You may not store, reuse or utilise this information for any commercial purpose.
31. You may not use any form of automated search or download technology to access this site without our prior written consent.
32. By supplying us with your personal information, you expressly consent to receive marketing communications from us in respect of various food and non-food items as well as financial products as offered by us. If, at any time, you wish to withdraw your consent to the aforementioned receipt of direct marketing communications, you will be entitled to do so by contacting our customer care center.
33. By accepting the terms and condition as set out herein, you confirm that you are aware of the information that is being collected by us and the purpose for which the information is collected.
34. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook and the participants acknowledge that they are providing information to the Promoter and its agents only and not to Facebook.
35. All entrants in this Competition release Facebook from all liabilities and claims arising out of or in connection with this competition and these terms and conditions.
Note: McCain reserves the right to review and change the qualifying criteria periodically, at their discretion.